2021 Specialized Demo Race Mountain Bike Frame
A capable steed catapulted to the top after World Cup circuit success,
the Specialized Demo Race Mountain Bike Frame has been refined for 2021 to truly optimise performance. It features flip chips in the rear chainstays to allow usage of either 29" or 27.5" wheels, so can be easily run as a mixed wheel sized bike or 29" front and rear depending on preference and desired usage. This rip-roaring frame boasts great handling and superb speed to make it a truly joyous, rewarding ride.
New geometry, improved kinematics, suspension design and enhanced braking allow this frame to reach new performance heights on the most technical terrain. Changes to the axle path channel energy to the suspension, ensuring minimised fatigue, and a low centre of gravity makes for great cornering and consistent handling at speed thanks to the position of the bottom bracket. Heightened anti-squat also aids pedalling performance, with less likelihood of any bouncing or bobbing.
200mm of travel is packed into this frame, with the RockShox Super Deluxe DH Coil excelling to meet the wildest of downhill needs - with minimal stiction to overcome compared to typical air shocks. A chunky chainstay protector keeps chain slap at bay and quietens the drivetrain, with a guard protecting the stiff downtube from rocks and rubble and a co-moulded rear mudguard ensuring the shock stays in top working order.
- Frame: Specialized M5 alloy, Style-Specific DH Geometry, Horst pivot flip chip for 27.5" or 29" rear wheel, BSA threaded BB, full internal cable routing with option for full external brake, 148mm rear spacing, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 200mm of travel
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate DH Coil, external low speed compression, external rebound adjust, Trunnion mount, 225x75
- Saddle: Specialized Body Geometry Henge DH, hollow titanium rails, 130mm width
- Seatpost: Thomson, alloy, straight, 12-degree clamp
- Seat Binder: Specialized alloy, 34.9mm
Tags: Mountain Bike Frame