2021 Cervelo Caledonia-5 Disc Road Frameset
For real-world pace on pock-marked and rough tarmac, the Cervélo Caledonia-5 Disc Road Frameset is the perfect starting point for a versatile build. There is enough room to fit 34mm tyres, and there are hidden mudguard mounts for all-weather use. Aerodynamics, compliance and stiffness have all been considered and taken account of, and yet the claimed weight is just 936 grams for the frame (size 54) and 370 grams for the fork.
Stability and long-ride useability were also high on the agenda, so a longer rear-centre and increased trail were incorporated for predictable handling and comfort, making it a great endurance bike. However, much of the frame’s stiffness and performance can be traced back to Cervélo’s race-bred R5 model, so the Caledonia-5 is certainly no slouch and has the potential to be built up into a very rapid machine. A premium carbon stem, seatpost and handlebar are included with the frameset, with the stem system facilitating fully internal cabling for gears and disc brakes whilst maintaining easy height adjustment.
- Frame: Cervélo Caledonia-5, carbon, Cervélo indexed thru-axle with lever, 12x142mm, disc compatible
- Fork: Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered Caledonia-5, Cervélo indexed thru-axle with lever, 12x100mm, disc compatible
- Headset: FSA IS2 1-1/4 x 1-1/2
- Bottom Bracket: Available to be purchased separately
- Stem: Cervélo ST31 carbon, stem length - 80mm (48) / 90mm (51) / 100mm (54-56) / 110mm (58-61)
- Handlebar: Cervélo AB09 carbon, handlebar width - 38cm (48) / 40cm (51) / 42cm (54-56) / 44cm (58-61)
- Seatpost: Cervélo SP18 carbon D-post
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight (size 54): 936 grams (frame), 370 grams (fork)
Tags: Road Frameset